[Eril-l] Student Employees and Electronic Resources

Electronic Resources in Libraries discussion list eril-l at lists.eril-l.org
Thu Feb 8 06:03:22 PST 2024

We have a student worker who does similar thing - she checks that our databases & single-title journal subscriptions are working properly. She also does some data entry & such in our ERM systems. In the past, I've had students involved in the easier parts of metadata cleanup & remediation projects; if there's not an automated way to make small but important updates a big batch of records, or they need juuuust a little bit of human judgement, I've assigned that to a student.

We've been really fortunate in our student workers & have had a couple in my time in this position that were very bright & would come up with brilliant ways to parse large amounts of data or get tasks done efficiently.

Jaime Taylor
Discovery & Resource Management Systems Coordinator
W.E.B. Du Bois Library
University of Massachusetts