[Eril-l] JSTOR Announces "Artstor on JSTOR"

Electronic Resources in Libraries discussion list eril-l at lists.eril-l.org
Tue Aug 13 11:31:11 PDT 2024

Dear colleagues

We are excited to share the news that the JSTOR platform is now the official home for the complete Artstor Digital Library, an unmatched collection of rights-cleared images and media for use in teaching and research. Comprised of over 2 million images, videos, panoramas, and audio files contributed by museums, galleries, and other cultural organizations around the world, the collection is now known as "Artstor on JSTOR," signaling the collection's deep integration with the more than 2,800 journals, 100,000 books, 50,000 research reports, and robust primary source collections accessible on JSTOR.

In a recent review of Artstor on JSTOR<https://arlisna.hcommons.org/deposits/objects/hc:66686/datastreams/CONTENT/content> in the ARLIS/NA Multimedia and Technology Review,  Chelsea Page, Digital Asset Manager at the Center for Creative Leadership, writes, "The new platform is user friendly and intuitive to learn. Simplifying collections into one central location is a benefit to users who can now search academic, primary, and image resources in one platform. The new platform specifically addresses the needs of research and academic audiences with wider breadth to go beyond the normal scope of database searching. The new Artstor experience on JSTOR remains a resource for anyone interested in exploring art collections across boundaries."

We invite members of the library community to learn more about Artstor on JSTOR. Read the press release<https://about.jstor.org/news/jstor-announces-artstor-on-jstor/> for additional information.

Heidi

Heidi McGregor
VP, Communications
ITHAKA | www.ithaka.org<http://www.ithaka.org/>

ITHAKA's mission is to improve access to knowledge and education for people around the world. We believe education is key to the well-being of individuals and society. Through our work, we make higher education and access to knowledge more affordable, improve outcomes for students and researchers, and preserve knowledge for future generations. Our services include: Constellate, Ithaka S+R, JSTOR/Artstor, and Portico. Learn more at www.ithaka.org.