[Eril-l] Problems with Emerald?

Electronic Resources in Libraries discussion list eril-l at lists.eril-l.org
Tue Aug 6 13:36:54 PDT 2024

Our proxy access is working.  Interestingly, about a month ago, we received a communication from Emerald about a “health check.”  It read in part:

“As the registered Account Administrator for your Emerald account, we invite you to conduct an Institutional Health-check to ensure that your current authentication methods are up to date via the Account Management Portal (AMP). . . .  Please make sure that your IPs are listed correctly, and that any proxy IPs are appropriately marked. “

When I logged in, I noticed that our IP range was listed correctly, but labelled “Not proxy.”  I reached out to them and provided the IP address of our EZproxy server, which is included in our IP range.  They added a second line to the list, which is labelled “Proxy.”
I wonder if the outages people are seeing is related somehow.

Linda

Linda J. Fox
Electronic Resources and Acquisitions Associate
(816) 235-5290
foxlj at umkc.edu<mailto:foxlj at umkc.edu>

University of Missouri - Kansas City
Miller Nichols Library