[Eril-l] Online ahead of print articles and link resolvers

Electronic Resources in Libraries discussion list eril-l at lists.eril-l.org
Fri Aug 2 09:25:31 PDT 2024

Hello ERIL-L,

Lately I've noticed several instances of our link resolver failing to link to articles that are "online ahead of print." Often these articles are not yet assigned to a specific issue of a journal and are located in a section of the journal's website that is separate from the rest of their published content.

As an example, most recently the problem occurred with an article in an "in progress" issue of Neurology, in which the article appears on the publisher's site but not on the Ovid platform (my institution has subscription access to current journal content via both platforms and I've contacted the vendor to report the problem).

Has anyone come up with a workaround for this problem? FWIW, we currently use EBSCO's Full Text Finder in tandem with LibKey Link as our link resolver, though we are migrating to the Alma/Primo suite next year.

Thanks,
Shelby

___

Shelby Stuart, MSI (she/hers)

Electronic Resources Librarian

Floyd D. Loop Alumni Library, Cleveland Clinic

9211 Euclid Ave JJS3, Cleveland, OH 44195

stuarts3 at ccf.org (email is the best way to reach me)

Cleveland Clinic is a nonprofit, multispecialty academic medical center that's recognized in the U.S. and throughout the world for its expertise and care. Visit us online at http://www.clevelandclinic.org for a complete listing of our services, staff and locations. Confidentiality Note: This message is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. Thank you.