[Eril-l] NEW added workshop for NASIG 2024

Electronic Resources in Libraries discussion list eril-l at lists.eril-l.org
Mon Apr 29 09:31:22 PDT 2024

Hello all,

We are really pleased to let you know that there is a new workshop added to the schedule for NASIG 2024. See below for details. This is in addition to the ones we previously highlighted (see https://nasig.wordpress.com/2024/02/22/nasig-2024-program-updates/) and this new workshop adds to the overall value of our event since all of them are offered as part of the regular registration. While on the topic of registration, conference registration and hotel rates will significantly increase after Friday this week. Go to https://nasig.org/Conference for details, sign up, and plan to join us.

—

The NASIG Program Planning Committee (PPC) is pleased to announce an additional workshop to the Tuesday conference schedule.
Tuesday, June 4, 2024

LCSH and other LC vocabularies
Melanie Polutta, Library of Congress, Policy, Training, & Cooperative Programs Division

The first half of this workshop will look at the basics of how to make a proposal, focusing mostly on LCSH. The second half will look at the current development of the controlled vocabularies, with some discussion of ongoing DEI work and thoughts about where we see the vocabularies going in the future.

https://sched.co/1cenQ

Jenn Zuccaro and Michelle Turvey-Welch, PPC Co-Chairs

---
NASIG is an independent, non-profit organization working to advance and transform the management of information resources.