[Eril-l] Kanopy problems

Electronic Resources in Libraries discussion list eril-l at lists.eril-l.org
Wed Sep 13 11:54:52 PDT 2023

Hi everyone,

My library has been having ongoing problems with Kanopy videos off campus. I have been in contact with OCLC and Kanopy both, and both are adamant that the problem isn't on their end and must be on the other's. We hadn't had any problems until the last few weeks, and I am about ready to pull out my hair because we cannot figure out what's going wrong. And of course the timing is miserable, as the semester just started a few weeks ago.

Here's the deal: some users are reporting a 502 bad gateway Cloudflare error. In my other experiences that error has been on the host end; in this case the error screen gives a green check to the browser and to cloudflare, but a red X for a Kanopy host error. I've told Kanopy this multiple times and they're still insistent that the problem is not theirs.

Before I completely lose my mind,  has anyone else experienced anything like this? How did you get it resolved?

Thanks.

Sarah

Sarah Mueth (she/her)
Serials & Electronic Resources Librarian
Randall Library<library.uncw.edu>, UNCW