[Eril-l] Project MUSE Alert: Issues with COUNTER Usage Reporting for June and July

Electronic Resources in Libraries discussion list eril-l at lists.eril-l.org
Thu Sep 7 07:30:03 PDT 2023

Issues with Project MUSE COUNTER Reports for June and July 2023

During a recent system upgrade to the Project MUSE platform, an error occurred which resulted in some underreporting of usage on library COUNTER reports for the months of June and July. In a post-implementation review on the new system, this error was quickly identified and corrected. However, COUNTER reports retrieved prior to the correction may not reflect complete usage numbers for library customers.

If you retrieved COUNTER reports for your library's June 2023 and/or July 2023 usage prior to September 5, either directly via our library dashboard or via automated SUSHI harvesting, your reports may be affected by this underreporting issue. We strongly recommend running new reports for these two months to ensure you have accurate usage statistics.

We apologize for any inconvenience. Questions may be directed to MUSE Customer Support<mailto:muse at jh.edu> at muse at jh.edu.

Melanie Schaffner
Director of Communication, Marketing, and Engagement
Project MUSE
mschaffner.muse at jhu.edu<mailto:mschaffner.muse at jhu.edu>
Note new phone 667-306-8475 (US Eastern Time zone, UTC-05:00)
she/her/hers

Please ensure you get our latest news by signing up for our email<https://about.muse.jhu.edu/news/signup/> list!

My working hours are 9:00am-6:00pm ET, Monday-Friday. These may differ from yours. There is no need to immediately read or respond to messages sent or received outside of your working hours.