[Eril-l] Licensing Workshops or Classes

Electronic Resources in Libraries discussion list eril-l at lists.eril-l.org
Thu Oct 5 05:59:59 PDT 2023

Thank you to everyone who has responded so far to my ERIL question. This
has brought up a few suggestions and more questions. I am adding a digest
of responses at the bottom of this email.

I am looking for an ALL-IN-ONE workshop or course because 1.  I am trying
to figure out how to set up a new ERM (from FOLIO) and 2. I am getting more
questions about all kinds of different electronic resources and how they
can/cannot be used, maintained, etc. My outdated training on licensing does
not cover the ever-changing licensing/contract information today. And, I
knew more about traditional text based resources, like ejournals and
databases, (although I am still trying to figure out ebooks). In any case,
it looks like I will have to continue to learn in pieces.

Thanks again,
Judith

Here's the summary so far:

*RESOURCES*

Licensing website: E-resource negotiation and licensing resources
https://www.electronicresourceslibrarian.com/home/negotiation-licensing

ONEAL: Open Negotiation Education for Academic Libraries
https://iupui.libguides.com/c.php?g=1251783&p=9166437

Videolib (email list on streaming video)
https://guides.lib.berkeley.edu/FMRTlists

*COURSES, WORKSHOPS, CONFERENCE SESSIONS*

CORE: Electronic Resources Acquisitions Course: (only some licensing; may
not be advanced):
https://www.ala.org/core/fundamentals-electronic-resources-acquisitions

Copyrightlaws.com: Certificate in Licensing Digital Content: (may not be
advanced)
https://www.copyrightlaws.com/certificate-in-licensing-digital-content/

Minitex: Spell it out: E-Resource Licensing Lunch ‘n Learn Series (not a
course and only ½ hour discussion covering a variety of topics)
https://minitex.umn.edu/events/webinar/2023-10/spell-it-out-e-resource-licensing-lunch-and-learn-series

NASIG: Conference and pre-conference licensing sessions. (focusing on
serials; watch conference program)
https://nasig.org/

MCLS (Midwest Collaborative for Library Services) : Had a licensing
workshop in 2023.

The Library Juice Academy: Introduction to Electronic Resource Management
in Academic Libraries (may not be advanced)
https://libraryjuiceacademy.com/shop/course/260-introduction-to-electronic-resource-management-in-academic-libraries/?attribute_pa_session=2024-01-jan

--
Judith Nagata  (she/her)
Electronic Resources & Serials Librarian
e: jnagata at holycross.edu