[Eril-l] Explore the future of the humanities in our June 20 roundtable event!

Electronic Resources in Libraries discussion list eril-l at lists.eril-l.org
Wed May 24 09:00:12 PDT 2023

**Apologies for cross posting**

If you work in any of the disciplines that make up the humanities, join us
Tuesday, June 20, for our Humanities Roundtable
<https://www.niso.org/events/2023-niso-humanities-roundtable>, now in its
21st year! This day-length conference draws on the expertise of scholarly
associations, university presses, librarians, researchers, and more to
provide participants with exciting discussions around the needs of those
working in the humanities.

This day-length virtual conference will examine how the transition to open
access and the emergence of new technologies will shape the future of these
disciplines. In addition to thought–provoking keynotes and expert panels,
the event will include plenty of time for interactivity and discussion,
providing a forum for stakeholders to come together and identify trends,
share best practices, and set priorities that reflect the needs of the
humanities community.

Confirmed speakers (additional speakers TBC): Divine Fuh, Director,
HUMA, University
of Cape Town; Bryn Geffert, Dean of Libraries and Professor of History,
University of Vermont; Lucy Montgomery, Professor of Knowledge Innovation,
Curtin University; Erinma Ochu, Wallscourt Associate Professor of Immersive
Media in the College of Art, Technology and Environment at the University
of the West of England, Bristol; Roopika Risam, Associate Professor in the
Digital Humanities and Social Engagement Cluster, Dartmouth College;
and Charles
Watkinson, Associate University Librarian for Publishing/Director,
University of Michigan Press.

Thank you to our sponsors: EBSCO <https://www.ebsco.com/>, Atla
<https://www.atla.com/>, Bowker <https://www.bowker.com/>, Modern Language
Association <https://www.mla.org/>, AUPresses <https://aupresses.org/>, Project
MUSE <https://muse.jhu.edu/>, and Routledge/Taylor & Francis
<https://www.routledge.com/>.

Register.
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2023-niso-humanities-roundtable-registration-518748620087>
Discounts available for NISO Voting/LSA members and NASIG members,
full-time students, and unemployed/retired registrants.

For program updates, please check our event page
<https://www.niso.org/events/2023-niso-humanities-roundtable>. We hope
you’ll take advantage of this opportunity to join stakeholders in the
humanities for this interactive event!

Best,

The NISO Team

NISO