[Eril-l] DPI 2023 CfP reminder

Electronic Resources in Libraries discussion list eril-l at lists.eril-l.org
Tue May 2 06:35:19 PDT 2023

CALL FOR PROPOSALS CLOSES MAY 10th

[cid:image001.png at 01D97CD5.A1772A80]

2023 Digital Pedagogy Institute (DPI2023)

Call for Proposals Closes May 10th.

DPI2023’s Call for Proposals is now open. At this year’s Digital Pedagogy Institute (DPI), our goal is to create a virtual space that allows participants to explore diverse approaches to digital pedagogy from a variety of perspectives, including those of undergraduate/graduate students, faculty, librarians, educational developers, and technologists.

Our themes for this year’s conference include:

a.            Critical ideologies and digital pedagogy: How do we question and challenge dominant beliefs and practices in the field of digital pedagogy? What underlying approaches and questions should we engage with more deeply? How can our pedagogical practices help support new educational priorities and social change?

b.                 Digital (de)colonialism: How have digital pedagogy techniques and tools helped instructors and students address anti-racist and decolonizing practices in their curriculum and research? What are the challenges and opportunities? Do you have any best practices to share?

c.                  Inclusivity, accessibility, and digital pedagogy: Issues related to inclusivity and accessibility are at the forefront of Digital Pedagogy. What barriers have you encountered in your research and practice? How have you resolved them? What barriers remain? This is an opportunity to reflect on and share frameworks and best practices that have helped to reduce pedagogical barriers and integrate digital pedagogy approaches.

d.                 Sustainability, renewability, and environmental costs in the digital sphere: Digital pedagogy is not immune to environmental critique. There are environmental impacts associated with generating the power and equipment needed to support digital initiatives. How should we reconcile the benefits of digital pedagogy with its environmental costs? Can digital pedagogy proponents be good environmental stewards?

e.                  Digital pedagogy and the post-truth society: It is becoming increasingly difficult to navigate what is real and what is true. How can Digital Pedagogy help instructors and students to navigate issues related to digital literacy, data ethics, artificial intelligence, social media influences, etc.

Formats

Presentations - 20 minute synchronous sessions presenting papers or presentations on projects, initiatives, and/or case studies related to one of the conference streams, with time for Q&A.

Tool demos/workshops - 30 minute or 60 minute interactive demonstrations of innovative or new tools that you have integrated or are thinking of integrating into your teaching.

Important Dates
Please fill out the CFP form by May 10th, 2023:

https://forms.gle/qjwpVDHmgEaDxiK17

Questions?

Please contact Steering Committee Co-Chairs, Paulina Rousseau, at  paulina.rousseau at utoronto.ca<mailto:paulina.rousseau at utoronto.ca>, or Timothy Ireland, at tireland at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:tireland at waterloo.ca> should you have any questions.

Tim Ireland (he/him)
Liaison Librarian,
Psychology, Anthropology, & The Stratford School of Interaction Design and Business
University of Waterloo
Waterloo, On

519-888-4567 X 45061
tireland at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:tireland at uwaterloo.ca>

Co-Chair of DPI 2023
https://uwaterloo.ca/digital-pedagogy-institute/

http://subjectguides.uwaterloo.ca/anthropology
https://subjectguides.uwaterloo.ca/gbda
https://subjectguides.uwaterloo.ca/mdei
http://subjectguides.uwaterloo.ca/psychology
http://subjectguides.uwaterloo.ca/refworks
https://subjectguides.uwaterloo.ca/zotero

[signature_1827294884]
The University of Waterloo acknowledges that we are on the traditional territory of ‎ the Neutral, Anishnawbe and Haudenosaunee peoples. The University of Waterloo is situated on the Haldimand Tract<https://www.sixnations.ca/LandsResources/HaldProc.htm>, the land promised to the Six Nations that includes six miles on each side of the Grand River.