[Eril-l] be a part of the NASIG community @ #nasig2023

Steve Oberg steve.oberg at wheaton.edu
Mon Mar 27 11:55:47 PDT 2023

For more than three decades, NASIG has provided space for a supportive, diverse, and collaborative community of people who are passionate about their work. NASIG members volunteer their time to enrich, support, and engage the broader information community on vital issues we all face. Our 38th annual conference[1], to be held 22-25 May at the beautiful Omni William Penn Hotel[2] in downtown Pittsburgh, PA, is a showcase of interesting and timely presentations and opportunities to connect with our community. If you haven't registered yet, please do so soon as our regular registration rates are only available through 21 April.

As part of that event, today we are announcing a call for proposals for Informal Discussion and User Groups[3], always an energizing and interesting component to our annual event. Proposals are due 12 April.

Not to be missed: our Open Session speaker will be Dan Law, Vice President for Capital Projects & Major Gifts at the Warhol Museum[4], will speak about the Museum and their new project in Pittsburgh, the Pop District, which encompasses six blocks around the museum and includes public art, community education programs and a future performance venue.

Another vibrant feature will be our Vendor Expo on Tuesday and Wednesday of the conference, featuring our wonderful sponsors[5] including ACS Publications, AIP Publishing, Bloomsbury Digital Resources, EBSCO, JoVE, Harrassowitz, IOP Publishing, Lyrasis, Project Muse, Springer Nature, Wiley, and W.T. Cox. Plan to join us to learn about and engage with representatives on their latest offerings. Also look for Vendor Lightning Talks on Wednesday. We are so grateful for strong support from our colleagues!

Finally, be sure to look at the excellent slate of speakers and topics[6] we have lined up. Learn about linked data in library workflows; managing Open Access; building digital library collections; KBART holdings automation; authentication issues; issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion; and many other timely topics.

--

[1] https://www.nasig.org/38conference
[2] https://www.omnihotels.com/hotels/pittsburgh-william-penn

--

NASIG is an independent, non-profit organization working to advance and transform the management of information resources. Our ultimate goal is to facilitate and improve the distribution, acquisition, and long-term accessibility of information resources in all formats and business models.

Steve

Steve Oberg
NASIG Social Media Coordinator
marketing at nasig.org