[Eril-l] Reporting from OASPA Equity in Open Access workshop 1: the APC debate, reflections and rainbows

Bernie Folan bernie.folan at oaspa.org
Tue Mar 21 09:14:53 PDT 2023

On March 7, 28 stakeholders from a variety of world regions came together
for OASPA’s first *Equity in OA* workshop to discuss issues of exclusivity
and inequity within open access.

We have today published a blog post reporting
<https://oaspa.org/report-from-equity-in-open-access-workshop-1/> from the
workshop, authored by OASPA's Project Manager Malavika Legge  The post
links to the report summarising the workshop discussions and outcomes.
OASPA offers huge thanks to all participants and to Alicia Wise and
Lorraine Estelle of Information Power who facilitated the Workshop and
authored the report.

Our next workshop is taking place soon. We look forward to keeping the
conversation going, and will continue to share reports and reflections as
we go.

Feel free to comment on the post or write to malavika.legge at oaspa.org with
any thoughts. We would love to hear from you.
Best wishes,
Bernie

*Bernie Folan*
Communications, Engagement and Outreach Manager, OASPA
OASPA, Open Access Scholarly Publishing Association
bernie.folan at oaspa.org
Stay up to date:  Sign up <http://eepurl.com/bYkP8r> for OASPA news by
email | Follow us on Twitter: @OASPA <https://twitter.com/OASPA>
OASPA Conference Information and past programs and recordings
<https://oaspa.org/conference> l  OASPA Webinars Webinars with links to
recordings <https://oaspa.org/information-resources/oaspa-webinars/>