[Eril-l] Registration for FORCE11 annual conference now open!

NISO Announce niso-announce at niso.org
Thu Mar 16 07:00:17 PDT 2023

<Apologies for cross posting - sent from NISO on behalf of FORCE11>

FORCE11 is delighted to announce that registration for the FORCE2023
conference <https://force11.org/force2023> is open. Held online from April
18-20, the conference theme is “Thinking/Acting: The Global and the
Local.” Register
now <https://www.eventbrite.com/e/fsci-2023-tickets-576271622937>!

The conference will run over multiple time zones and include keynotes,
presentations ,and panels. We are very excited to announce our keynotes -
Professor Lucy Montgomery from the Curtin Open Knowledge Initiative; Iratxe
Puebla, ASAPbio and Kanika Khanna, University of California, Berkeley;
Soledad Quiroz Valenzuela, Universidad Central de Chile; and Chaitan Baru,
National Science Foundation. We will release additional details about the
program over the coming days.

Presentations will include:

   -

   A systematized review of open access mandate research  (Teresa Schultz
   and Tara Radniecki)
   -

   The COAR notify initiative: Transforming scholarly communication one
   preprint-peer review link at a time (Martin Klein)
   -

   Reengineering the global scholarly communication system: A triad
   perspective (Pius Gamette)
   -

   Looking ahead: A global corpus for all data citations, (Matthew Buys)

There will also be panels focused on:

   -

   Implementing FAIR Workflows - Bringing Researchers and Solutions Together
   -

   Breaking Down the Barriers to Global Engagement: Some Lessons Learned
   -

   Facilitating an Open Research Ecosystem

In addition the conference will feature lightning talks that explore the
theme of tensions between local ways of knowing and globally-imposed
standards, and share insights on local academic citizenship and global
systems of knowledge production, evaluation, and dissemination.

We invite and encourage colleagues globally to join us for the interesting
talks and accompanying asynchronous discussions about timely matters in
open science communications. The program will be distributed throughout the
day, with sessions starting at 9AM and closing at 8PM UTC.

We are keeping costs low and offering a range of registration fees to make
the conference as accessible as possible. If this will still cause a
barrier to participation, please email info-force-conference at force11.org to
discuss your circumstances.

Please note that this conference abides by the FORCE11 Code of Conduct
https://force11.org/info/code-of-conduct/.

Registration url: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/force23-tickets-576271622937

Best,

The NISO Team (on behalf of FORCE11)