[Eril-l] OA Listing of ISSN Subject Classification

Electronic Resources in Libraries discussion list eril-l at lists.eril-l.org
Mon Jun 26 14:58:15 PDT 2023

Interesting question. I'm not sure how to "automate" the process, but in
terms of standardizing your categorizations, could you use the Download
Data link on the Scimago Journal Rankings site (
https://www.scimagojr.com/journalrank.php) to obtain a list of ISSNs and
categories? You then perhaps could single out your library's holdings by
running an Access query on this file against a file from your KB or ERM.

On Mon, Jun 26, 2023 at 5:28 PM Electronic Resources in Libraries
discussion list via Eril-l <eril-l at lists.eril-l.org> wrote:

> In order to better review our usage statistics, we are looking to find a
> way to automate connecting ISSN to a subject classification code structure.
> We would prefer aligning with LOC classification categories but would
> prefer to find an Open Access approach.
>
> Can anyone recommend a strategy or an OA resource for this?
>
> Thank you for any thoughts or suggestions,
> Gwen
>
> ______________________________
>

> Gwen S. Pond
>
> gpond at hartford.edu
>
> HJG L 108
>

> *Electronic Resources Coordinator *
>
> *Resource & Metadata Services *
>
> Harrison Libraries
> <https://www.hartford.edu/academics/library/default.aspx>
>
> 860.768.5950
>

> *University of Hartford *
>
> 200 Bloomfield Avenue
>
> West Hartford, CT  06117
>
> www.hartford.edu

Thomas Waters, MA, MLIS
Assistant Professor & Technical Services Librarian
Trustee Library of Brenau University
500 Washington Street SE
Gainesville, GA 30501
770-718-5303
twaters1 at brenau.edu

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail and any attachments are confidential
and may also be privileged.  If you are not the named recipient, please
notify the sender immediately and delete the contents of this message
without disclosing the contents to anyone, using them for any purpose, or
storing or copying the information on any medium.