[Eril-l] Managing asset links to proxied resources in LibGuides

Electronic Resources in Libraries discussion list eril-l at lists.eril-l.org
Fri Jun 23 13:13:24 PDT 2023

We give our librarians a run down in using Libguides, and part of the
training includes that they can include proxied links in two ways:

1. From the a-z list by reusing the link.   We have one person who is
mostly responsible for adding entries to the list.

2.  If it is something that has to be proxied but NOT on the list, to link
to it using the permalink front the discovery system.  Yes, its an extra
step for the user, but that way if anything needs to change behind the
scenes, its less work for the librarian to maintain on the guide.    And
they don't have to worry about remembering to proxy the link.

Its not too hard for them to get the hang of it -- it means that almost all
the links they are adding to the guide  are NOT going to be proxied at the
point of adding them.

Sarah

Sarah Maximiek *(her/she)*
Head of Acquisitions