[Eril-l] how expose ebook holdings for ILL lending?

Electronic Resources in Libraries discussion list eril-l at lists.eril-l.org
Fri Jun 16 22:20:41 PDT 2023

Hi Melissa--Our  e-book contracts specifically stated they were for internal corporate employee use only, and were never entered into OCLC. Eventually, the cataloguing position was eliminated altogether, and nothing after that was catalogued since we didn't have the staffing to do so. Not being discoverable meant no requests were ever received for those e-book titles.---Thanks much!!!Dorothy Mason
-------- Original message --------From: Electronic Resources in Libraries discussion list via Eril-l <eril-l at lists.eril-l.org> Date: 6/16/23  12:10  (GMT-08:00) To: ERIL-L listserv <eril-l at lists.eril-l.org> Subject: [Eril-l] how expose ebook holdings for ILL lending?

Hi, all.

We are finally giving up on trying to maintain our constantly changing ebook package holdings from our catalogue to our discovery service.

For those of you who were never loading your holdings into your catalogue, how do you make your ebook holdings discoverable to whatever ILL community you are part of?

I'd especially like to hear from anyone who is NOT putting their ebook holdings into WorldCat/OCLC, as we aren't an OCLC member (shocking, I know).

(To be clear, I'm talking about us as a lender, NOT borrower.)

If you just don't (make them discoverable to other univ ILL offices), I'd like to hear that too.

Thanks!

Melissa Belvadi

Collections Librarian

University of Prince Edward Island