[Eril-l] Puzzling remote authentication problem

Electronic Resources in Libraries discussion list eril-l at lists.eril-l.org
Mon Jul 24 08:14:17 PDT 2023

Good morning-

I have a faculty member who is having trouble using library resources
remotely, and I have exhausted pretty much everything in my toolkit to
resolve the problem. This person consistently gets an error message that
says "File missing: docs/suspend.htm" after entering his credentials when
trying to access something via a proxied link. This behavior persists
across different browsers and devices, and happens regardless of what
platform he tries to use. Even more curious, he cannot access any library
resources when using the campus VPN. My instinct is that there is some
problem with his credentials, but Campus IT insists that nothing is wrong
with his account.

Has anyone ever seen this type of problem before and found a solution?
Short of sending him back to campus IT, I'm stumped.

Thanks!
Kate
*Kate Silton*
she / her */ *hers
Electronic Resources Librarian
Z. Smith Reynolds Library, Wake Forest University
336.758.5484 *|* siltonk at wfu.edu
orcid <https://orcid.org/0000-0002-9200-5006>