[Eril-l] Renewals timing question

Electronic Resources in Libraries discussion list eril-l at lists.eril-l.org
Tue Jul 11 13:10:43 PDT 2023

Anne,
You may want keep a couple of things in mind as you think about this:

  1.  Does your library system handle accounting across multiple fiscal years (e.g. accrual accounting)?
  2.  Will you be able to pay 1 ½ yrs for a resource if a vendor will only do a long-term adjustment vs. a ½ year adjustment for the year?
Some vendors are willing to do it and be flexible about it. Others are not as flexible, so you still may have some that don’t conform with the new system. You’ll want to decide if the year or so to get everything on the same schedule is worth the work and if the budget is flexible enough to handle the changes.

Best,
Leslie

Leslie D. Burke
Collection Services Librarian, Library