[Eril-l] Information on upcoming Oxford English Dictionary migration

Electronic Resources in Libraries discussion list eril-l at lists.eril-l.org
Mon Jul 10 13:06:43 PDT 2023

Apologies for the cross-posting.

On 18 July the  Oxford English Dictionary (OED) will be transitioning to its new platform. Though the OED will move onto a new platform, providing a significantly enhanced customer experience, the URL (oed.com) will not be changing.

We are asking all customers to please review and complete the actions listed in the migration checklist before 18 July. You can access the checklist here: http://fdslive.oup.com/www.oup.com/academic/pdf/librarian/OED_Migration_Checklist_FAQ.pdf

EZProxy users please note: We have recently updated the EZProxy stanza for OED. It is now live on the OCLC site. EZProxy users should ensure that this stanza is in place at the top of their .config file ahead of 18 July. Additional details are listed in the checklist/FAQ. Thank you for your attention to this matter.

If you have any queries, please contact us at:

Customers in North & South America
Telephone: +1 800 334 4249 ext 6484
Email: online at oup.com

Customers outside North & South America