[Eril-l] Taylor & Francis blocking IP addresses due to excessive use

John Kimbrough jwk77 at georgetown.edu
Mon Jan 23 12:55:49 PST 2023

Georgetown (DC) has had 5 blocks from T&F in the past two weeks. One was
for a variety of different articles (per Joe's email, maybe we also had a
user with a quick download finger?), but the other four blocks have been
the same behavior everyone else is experiencing -- lots of requests for the
same/article DOI in under 60 seconds, from an on-campus IP.

We don't know anything else (yet), but are glad to hear we aren't the only
ones!

John

John Kimbrough
Electronic Resources Librarian