[Eril-l] inviting applications for the Merriman Award

Steve Oberg steve.oberg at wheaton.edu
Thu Jan 19 12:43:03 PST 2023

Hello all,

One of the best aspects of NASIG is our grants, scholarships, and awards. One of those is the John Merriman Joint NASIG/UKSG Award, whose application deadline has been extended in hopes that more people will consider applying.

We seek applicants for a joint venture to allow a NASIG member to attend the UKSG conference, and UKSG will similarly select one of their members for joining us at our conference this year. The purpose of this conference-swap is for people working at a practical level in information resource management (e.g., serials and/or e-resources acquisitions, resource metadata and discovery, scholarly communications, collections management, digital publishing, e-resource or serials sales, scholarly publishing, or knowledgebase management), vendor, agent, or scholarly publisher to learn and share experiences at the UKSG Annual Conference or the NASIG Annual Conference.

More details about the award and a link to the online application form are at https://nasig.org/John-Merriman-Award<https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fnasig.org%2FJohn-Merriman-Award&data=05%7C01%7Csteve.oberg%40WHEATON.EDU%7Cd0757bc018b54963e41608dafa5d405b%7Cb7098c8ac6b24e8bba4c872cf5f00a20%7C0%7C0%7C638097575663276767%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=fXvm7ufqIi8E4QSEcWXS9W0%2FHkIaIHv72LfaYuJAYAQ%3D&reserved=0>. Keep in mind that the UKSG annual conference is scheduled for 13-15 April, so the sooner you can submit an application the better in consideration of a prompt decision plus potential travel arrangements. We look forward to receiving your application!

Sent on behalf of Emily Ray, chair of NASIG’s Awards & Recognition Committee.

Steve

Steve Oberg
NASIG Social Media Coordinator
marketing at nasig.org<mailto:marketing at nasig.org>