[Eril-l] NISO February Events

NISO Announce niso-announce at niso.org
Thu Jan 19 09:00:54 PST 2023

**Apologies for cross posting**

The New Year is well underway, and so is NISO’s 2023 events schedule! Our
monthly roundtable covers Collaborative Collections
<https://www.niso.org/events/collaborative-collections-shifts-collection-development-resource-sharing-and-management>
on February 8 and is followed by our much-anticipated annual NISO Plus
Conference <https://niso.plus/> on February 14–16.

MONTHLY ROUNDTABLE WEBINAR - FREE FOR NISO MEMBERS

Collaborative Collections: Shifts in Collection Development, Resource
Sharing, and Management
<https://www.niso.org/events/collaborative-collections-shifts-collection-development-resource-sharing-and-management>

Wednesday, February 8, 11.00am–12.30pm Eastern Time (US/Canada)

Libraries nationally and internationally are seeing collaboration as a
viable solution in providing access to information resources and
collections. Initiatives such as the Ivy Plus Confederation—a union of 13
academic libraries working together to leverage their collective assets to
improve discovery of and access to information—have already served as a
proof of concept. In this roundtable, Speakers Andy Breeding, OCLC; Boaz
Nadav-Manes, Lehigh University; Susan Stearns, Eastern Academic Scholars’
Trust (EAST); Maurice York, Big 10 Academic Alliance; and Miranda Bennett,
California Digital Library will ask practitioners and decision-makers to
discuss what is needed to effectively manage collaborative collections and
support emerging needs. What work needs to be done? What kind of systems
would be useful?  What hurdles need to be overcome?

NISO members - no registration needed

Non-NISO members, please register here
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/niso-webinar-collection-development-resource-sharing-and-management-registration-440520758447>
(includes unlimited attendees from your organization)

The recording will be shared with all registered attendees

JUST A FEW WEEKS AWAY - GROUP REGISTRATION DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE

NISO Plus Conference 2023 <https://niso.plus/>

Tuesday, February 14–Thursday, February 16

The NISO Plus conference is developed by and for the global information
community. Each year our planning committee of information professionals
from around the world helps us identify the topics and speakers that are of
most interest to them and their organizations, which form our invited
sessions. We also invite session proposals from the community, to expand
the coverage further. And this year, we’re also incorporating the most
popular ideas generated at the NISO Plus Forum <https://niso.plus/forum/>
in September into the conference program. Together with keynotes from David
Weinberger <https://sched.co/1D7ov>, Caleb Kibet <https://sched.co/1D7r3>, Yuko
Harayama <https://sched.co/1D7rF>, and Miles Conrad Awardee Safiya Umoja
Noble <https://sched.co/1D7q5>, we can guarantee that there will truly be
something for everyone at NISO Plus 2023. Topics and themes covered include
metadata, PIDs, Asia Pacific perspectives on information community issues,
and more!

As usual, we will be pre-recording most of the presentations and playing
them live during the conference, followed by the in-depth audience
discussions you’ve come to associate with NISO Plus.The recordings will be
made available to registrants before the conference, so you can listen in
at any time, irrespective of when the live session is taking place.

For more information, please check out the full schedule
<https://np23.sched.com/>. We offer discounted registration for groups, and
if you’re a student, early career professional, unemployed, or retired, or
if you’re from outside the top 30 countries by GDP, you’ll pay just
today
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/niso-plus-conference-2023-registration-428686682407>—we’re
looking forward to seeing you!

Please see our events page <https://www.niso.org/events> for more
information, including updates on confirmed speakers.

Best wishes

The NISO Team

NISO

3600 Clipper Mill Road, Suite 302