[Eril-l] Webinar Announcement: Reviewing the Data on Knowledge Creation: Access, Governance and Equity (March 7)

Bernie Folan bernie.folan at oaspa.org
Mon Feb 20 11:14:17 PST 2023

OASPA is pleased to announce the next OASPA Webinar *Reviewing the Data on
Knowledge Creation: Access, Governance and Equity *which will take place on
Tuesday March 7 at 2 pm UK/UTC

This webinar will focus on the data that exists about scholarly
communication. Such data includes anything that enables us to expose and
analyse the processes, connections and entities involved in all aspects of
research communication.

Most of the data we currently have, however,  doesn’t fully cover the
research output of the Global South and is unrepresentative and incomplete.
We will address issues of inequity and discuss the challenges in sourcing
data that is truly representative of global knowledge creation. We will
also discuss the governance and funding it will take to create a coherent
and equitable system. There is an innate conflict between proprietary and
closed datasets that are available only to those who can afford them versus
an open universe of data that enables all communities involved in knowledge
generation to contribute, access and analyse data.

The webinar will be chaired by *Iryna Kuchma *and *Catriona MacCallum *with
panellists *Lucy Montgomery*, *Ludo Waltman *and *Caleb Kibet*.

Please join us live
<https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_dWLaGeiGTMaBhfZmcDXlwQ> for
this free webinar and contribute to the discussion. Full information can be
found on our blog at https://oaspa.org/webinar
-data-sharing-what-do-we-know-and-where-can-we-go/

*Link to registration page: bit.ly/March2023_OASPA_Webinar
<https://bit.ly/March2023_OASPA_Webinar>.  *Please share with all those you
think may be interested.

Best wishes,
Bernie

*Bernie Folan*
Communications, Engagement and Outreach Manager, OASPA
OASPA, Open Access Scholarly Publishing Association
bernie.folan at oaspa.org
Stay up to date:  Sign up <http://eepurl.com/bYkP8r> for OASPA news by
email | Follow us on Twitter: @OASPA <https://twitter.com/OASPA>
OASPA Conference Information and past programs and recordings
<https://oaspa.org/conference> l  OASPA Webinars Webinars with links to
recordings <https://oaspa.org/information-resources/oaspa-webinars/>