[Eril-l] [EXT]Re: [EXT] Question about managing on-campus access to e-resources

Mike McGuire mcmcguir at colby.edu
Thu Feb 16 09:48:14 PST 2023

Not adding much info here - our IT department requires dual-factor
authentication for pretty much everything. There are a few computers in the
libraries that can auto login to a really limited account, and that allows
walk-ins to use our IP authenticated stuff. Those computers will ask for
authentication for most campus resources like Google Workspace. We also had
a "checkout-a-password" process for a while, but we can no longer use that
method.

Michael McGuire
Electronic Resources Librarian
Colby College Libraries