[Eril-l] Moodle modules for one-shot instruction for online classes

Electronic Resources in Libraries discussion list eril-l at lists.eril-l.org
Mon Dec 11 06:52:58 PST 2023

Hi, all.

For our online first-year experience classes, I have been using a combination of various free interactive tools like pollev and padlet for my synchronous (live with the students) library instruction "one-shots".
But I would like to consolidate all resources for these sessions into our Moodle course management system. I will probably need to ask our Moodle systems team to install some additional plugins, and of course that takes lead time.

My question is for Moodle course designers/users who do this kind of library instruction - what Moodle plugins do you use?
Even just naming them would help, but if you can share more details about how you use them, what kinds of exercises you have students do with them, that would be great!
If the names are ambiguous, links from the official plugins directory would be helpful: https://moodle.org/plugins/?q=

I would also welcome links to documentation/videos about interactive uses of a CMS for library instruction one-shots.

Thank you!

Melissa Belvadi
Collections Librarian
University of Prince Edward Island