[Eril-l] print periodical collections

Nagata, Judith jnagata at holycross.edu
Tue Apr 18 10:00:00 PDT 2023

The College of the Holy Cross has fewer print periodical and
journal subscriptions as well. Our local newspaper would no longer deliver
on campus so that was the last print newspaper we were receiving. We have
actively moved subscriptions online (including using Flipster for some
titles). We have about 100 remaining print subscriptions. We decided to
change from print to electronic (or cancel) subscriptions because managing
the print format was too time-consuming for a very small amount of use.
Remaining print subscriptions are 1. kept a short time and are much cheaper
in print and/or 2. there is no or no viable online counterpart.
I fully expect to see this number drop because many print periodicals are
ceasing or moving online.

Judith

--
Judith Nagata
Electronic Resources & Serials Librarian
e: jnagata at holycross.edu