[Eril-l] Online AvramCamp: Save the Date-July 29th 11:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.CST

Sharon Whitfield swhitfield at rider.edu
Thu Jun 9 08:37:17 PDT 2022

Core sponsors AvramCamp, a safe and welcoming space for women and
non-binary technology library workers to explore common challenges,, learn
strategies for success, and share tools to build confidence,. This half-day
online event, inspired by AdaCamp, will take place on Friday, July 29 from
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. CST and registration only costs $25.

In past years, AvramCamp has begun by exploring Imposter Syndrome. This
year, in the spirit of the unconference model, we’d like to hear from YOU
on what you’d like AvramCamp to offer as the first workshop or keynote
speaker for the day. If you have ideas on workshop topics or speakers,
please complete this Google Form:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdA6uaCresAl3vHIapxFrzaiTRMraBPpP2pG0AGcmjeD8kZWg/viewform?usp=sf_link
.

This event will engage the collective expertise of presenters and
participants, facilitating enriching conversations and learning
opportunities. Everyone, including non-Core members, are encouraged to
register and bring their own questions, experiences, and perspectives to
the event.

Registration opens in June. Check the Core website
<https://www.ala.org/core/conferences/avramcamp> for program announcements.

Interested in sponsoring? Contact Julie Reese, Core Director of Leadership
and Management at jreese at ala.org for information.

Find your home, find your Core!

Searching for your place in ALA? If your role is in buildings, collections,
management, or technology, then Core: Leadership, Infrastructure, Futures
may be the perfect fit for you! Six sections let you tailor your membership
to the areas that match your interests and career aspirations. Our interest
groups offer networking and problem-solving, while our volunteer
opportunities give you practical experience for your résumé. Our members
are critical to implementing and maintaining core library services; they
come from every level of responsibility and help shape the future of the
profession. We hope you’ll consider joining and finding your home in Core!

--
Sharon Whitfield
Electronic Resources and User Access Librarian