[Eril-l] Vacancy Announcement: National Agricultural Library, Beltsville MD; GS-15 Associate Director in the Knowledge Services Division (closes on Friday, January 21, 2022)
vicky.crone at usda.gov
Mon Jan 10 13:28:24 PST 2022
The National Agricultural Library (NAL) has an opening for a GS-15 Associate Director in the Knowledge Services Division. The Associate Director is a member of NAL senior leadership and reports the Library Director. The position is located in Beltsville, Maryland.
The position closes on Friday, January 21, 2022; and is available to the public and merit promotion for current Federal employees.
Public - Please apply here - https://www.usajobs.gov/job/630168900<https://gcc02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.usajobs.gov%2Fjob%2F630168900&data=04%7C01%7C%7C283c49750f1d4c6e20e408d9d45bc6b5%7Ced5b36e701ee4ebc867ee03cfa0d4697%7C0%7C0%7C637774312911930321%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000&sdata=jhkeQ7CsT8LJiiQp3KktrHgYdgLezNgX0TwRfwM89kg%3D&reserved=0>
Merit Promotion and Career transition, individuals with disabilities, land & base management, military spouses, Peace Corps & AmeriCorps Vista, Veterans, and other special hiring authorities - Please apply here -- https://www.usajobs.gov/job/630169200<https://gcc02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.usajobs.gov%2Fjob%2F630169200&data=04%7C01%7C%7C283c49750f1d4c6e20e408d9d45bc6b5%7Ced5b36e701ee4ebc867ee03cfa0d4697%7C0%7C0%7C637774312911930321%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000&sdata=SmoRn1yL3Wm7cw0AOkUt5Ax9nAr2cMnZG%2F%2BC6vVBoPU%3D&reserved=0>
This position is in the Office of the Associate Director, Knowledge Services Division, at the National Agricultural Library (a component of the Agricultural Research Service) in Beltsville, MD. In this position, you will be a member of the NAL senior leadership team with responsibility for policy making, planning, coordinating, directing and evaluating program requirements, creating new products and services, and ensuring high-quality customer service.
* Participates in establishing policies, programs, plans, and budgets for NAL with the Director and other key NAL officials.
* Serves on the NAL senior leadership team and provides leadership in the formulation and execution of NAL strategies through policies, programs, and services.
* Initiates and directs plans for acquiring, preserving, and making accessible scientific research datasets, with a focus on USDA-funded research data, that facilitate the creation of agricultural knowledge.
* Develops NAL policies to ensure research data are Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, and Reusable (FAIR principles), support scientific research communities, and meet other customer needs and expectations.
* Participates in the development of policies and plans for national and international cooperation in the creation and distribution of agricultural information.
* Builds communities of interest and practice that reinforce effective data management to facilitate the creation of knowledge in the agricultural sciences.
* Ensures conformance with applicable statutes, regulations, and policies.
* Provides leadership in the formulation and execution of NAL policies, programs, and services.
* Develops NAL data access and sharing policies and advises data providers on the preferred standards.
Direct all questions to:
email: nwilson at yrci.com<mailto:nwilson at yrci.com>
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. We also request that you share this announcement with other potential candidates.
Please excuse any cross-postings.
This electronic message contains information generated by the USDA solely for the intended recipients. Any unauthorized interception of this message or the use or disclosure of the information it contains may violate the law and subject the violator to civil or criminal penalties. If you believe you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete the email immediately.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Eril-l