[Eril-l] E-Resources Job Op

Kain, Margaret M pkain at uab.edu
Fri Feb 11 10:40:48 PST 2022

We are looking to hire a new ELECTRONIC RESOURCES LIBRARIAN in the University Libraries of the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB). The Electronic Resources Librarian will implement and administer tools, features, and programs that enhance and improve electronic resource access and usability including the utilization of electronic resource management functions in Alma, our cloud-based library services platform. If this position does not appeal to you, please pass it along to someone to whom it may.

More about this position: https://uab.peopleadmin.com/postings/8866/

WHY RELOCATE TO BIRMINGHAM, AL?
Opportunities To Do Meaningful, Impactful Work:

  *   We are embracing change. Part of your job will be to evaluate our current infrastructure and processes and determine how to improve them.
  *   The Electronic Resources Librarian will be an essential member of the Resource Acquisitions and Discovery team, a team that is working toward:
     *   Providing uninterrupted access to electronic collections and databases
     *   Enhancing user experience across systems and database platforms
     *   Providing valuable insight into collection use and development
Opportunities To Grow Your Career:

  *   UAB Libraries aims to be a Learning Organization, where mistakes are seen as opportunities for growth.
  *   In this position, you will develop new skills in librarianship and information technology.
  *   We know that you may not be at UAB forever, and we want to prepare you for the next destination on your career path.
  *   With UAB's Educational Assistance program, you can earn another Master's or PhD while you are here.
Work for a Public R1, Be a Part of Something Positive:

  *   UAB, one of the top public R1 universities in Alabama, was recently named "America's Best Large Employer" by Forbes Magazine (https://www.uab.edu/news/campus/item/11852-uab-named-america-s-no-1-best-large-employer-2021-by-forbes)
  *   UAB has won several awards for diversity, and in 2019 was voted among the best colleges for LGBTQ students.
  *   There is still plenty of work to be done, though. Join UAB as we work on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI), and join UAB Libraries as we work to preserve the historical and cultural heritage of Birmingham and UAB.
Work-Life Balance, Life in a Small City:

  *   Birmingham has been attracting startups and technology firms in recent years because of our beautiful climate and relatively low cost of living.
  *   We have all the cultural and entertainment options that you would expect from a large city, but without the smog and sprawl.
  *   In the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains, Birmingham is also perfect for outdoor enthusiasts.

Learn More:
  - APPLY TO THIS POSITION:
https://uab.peopleadmin.com/postings/8866/
- ABOUT UAB:
https://www.uab.edu/didyouknow/

- ABOUT BIRMINGHAM:

http://www.bhamwiki.com/w/Main_Page

https://www.movoto.com/guide/birmingham-al/moving-to-birmingham/

Peggy Kain
Associate Professor
Head of the Resource Acquisitions & Discovery Department
UAB  Libraries | The University of Alabama at Birmingham
| 917 13th Street South | Birmingham, AL 35294-0014
P: 205.934.8497 | pkain at uab.edu<mailto:pkain at uab.edu> | library.uab.edu<http://library.uab.edu/>

[cid:image003.png at 01D81F44.97E39020]