[Eril-l] ERM System Advice Sought

Klemundt, Mary E. mklemundt at elgin.edu
Fri Feb 4 05:57:08 PST 2022

My apologies for posting this request. I'm sure this topic has been discussed many times on this list but I am having difficulty searching the list archives to find appropriate threads.

I would like to mine the collective wisdom about our search for an ERM system. We are a relatively small community college with around 150 database and ebook packages at this point and we have not had an ERMS up until now. There are a couple of options we're exploring and I'd appreciate any advice or opinions on any of them. Feel free to email me off-list at: mklemundt at elgin.edu

1) We use Sierra as our ILS, so adding the Sierra ERM module is one possibility.

2) We are looking at CORAL as another possibility. We haven't started these discussions yet, but our campus IT department might be able to host and manage it for us. However, we are also looking at using an outside vendor for implementation, hosting, and support.

3) Finally, it's possible that in a couple of years we will be joining a consortium and moving to Alma, so we are wondering how that might figure into our calculations.

Thank you in advance for any ideas or advice you'd like to share. It will all be gratefully received.

Mary Klemundt
Adjunct Technical Services Librarian
Elgin Community College
1700 Spartan Drive