[Eril-l] NISO Plus 2023 Program Announcement

NISO Announce niso-announce at niso.org
Mon Dec 12 07:00:33 PST 2022

**Apologies for cross posting**

With just over two months till NISO Plus 2023 (February 14-16, 2023) — and
just over a month to register at the early bird rate
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/niso-plus-conference-2023-registration-428686682407>
(available through January 9, 2023) — we’re delighted to share the
close-to-final program <https://np23.sched.com/> with you.

We have a wonderful lineup of speakers, including three great keynotes — Dr.
David Weinberger
<https://www.niso.org/press-releases/david-weinberger-give-opening-keynote-niso-plus-2023>
(Berkman Klein Center at Harvard University, USA), Dr. Caleb Kibet
<https://www.niso.org/press-releases/caleb-kibet-confirmed-second-keynote-speaker-niso-plus-2023>
(Pwani University, Kenya), and Dr. Yuko Harayama
<https://www.niso.org/press-releases/dr-yuko-harayama-confirmed-closing-keynote-speaker-niso-plus-2023>
(Professor Emeritus at Tohoku University, Japan) — as well as this year’s
Miles Conrad Awardee, Dr. Safiya Noble
<https://www.niso.org/press-releases/dr-safiya-umoja-noble-receive-nisos-2023-miles-conrad-award>,
(UCLA Center for Critical Internet Inquiry and MacArthur Foundation Fellow,
aka “Genius Award” recipient).

The program itself is a mix of invited sessions, as recommended by the NISO
Plus 2023 Planning Committee <https://niso.plus/np23-planning-committee/>,
Plus Forum <https://niso.plus/forum/>. There’s something for everyone —
especially if you’re interested in metadata! We’ll be covering pretty much
every aspect, from the political (funder requirements and national
strategies) to the practical (multilingual metadata, making a business case
for metadata), and beyond. Other conference topics include diversity,
equity, inclusion and accessibility, metrics, OA, open educational
resources, and more.

As well as the keynotes, we’ve got a great lineup of over 100 other
speakers from around the world — we'll be adding more details about them
all in the coming weeks. As in previous years, the program will take place
across two blocks of time (Americas morning/Europe, Middle East & Africa
afternoon and Americas evening/Asia Pacific morning) so that everyone can
participate.

So check out the schedule <https://np23.sched.com/> and book your tickets
now at the early bird rate
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/niso-plus-conference-2023-registration-428686682407>
(available through January 9, 2023). We’ve once again been able to keep
costs low thanks to the support of our generous sponsors
<https://niso.plus/sponsors/> — prices start at just $30 for students,
unemployed, retirees, and those in lower income countries. Even better, if
your organization is sending five or more people to the conference, the
cost is just $99 each for NISO members or $149 each for non-members!

Don’t delay - register for NISO Plus 2023
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/niso-plus-conference-2023-registration-428686682407>
today!

NISO

3600 Clipper Mill Road, Suite 302