[Eril-l] Deadline for NISO Plus scholarships extended to December 9

NISO Announce niso-announce at niso.org
Mon Dec 5 07:00:40 PST 2022

**Apologies for cross posting**

Do you feel that your voice and views are currently under-represented in
information community events and activities, for example, because your job
function, organization type, or demographics is under- or unrepresented? If
so, or if you know someone who feels this way, then the NISO Plus
scholarship program <https://niso.plus/scholarships/> is for you!

This program is an important part of our strategic goal to improve
diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility
<https://groups.niso.org/higherlogic/ws/public/document?document_id=24006&wg_id=53c2059c-a08c-4a9f-bf79-c300141c1c08>
(DEIA). We are committed to providing opportunities for information
students and professionals from the widest possible range of backgrounds to
participate actively in NISO’s work and in the wider community.
Applications are warmly invited, and *the application period has now been
extended through December 9, 2022*
<https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NPScholarships23>. Successful applicants
will be eligible for:

   -

   Free registration for NISO Plus 2023 <https://niso.plus/>, a fully
   virtual conference taking place on February 14-16, 2023 (February 15-17 in
   Asia Pacific)
   -

   Networking opportunities throughout the year with NISO Board members,
   staff, and other past and present scholarship winners
   -

   Free registration for all NISO educational webinars
   <https://www.niso.org/events/upcoming> in 2023-25
   -

   Opportunities to volunteer for NISO committees and groups
   -

   And more!

If you’re interested in joining our scholarship program, or know someone
who is, please apply by December 9, 2022, using this questionnaire
<https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NPScholarships23>. The NISO Plus
Scholarships Committee, which includes representatives from the NISO Board
<https://www.niso.org/what-we-do/directory/board-members>, our DEIA
Committee <https://www.niso.org/what-we-do/DEIcommittee>, the NISO Plus
Advisory Committee <https://niso.plus/advisory/>, and this year’s  Planning
Committee <https://niso.plus/np23-planning-committee/>, as well as from
previous scholarship cohorts, will be reviewing all eligible applications.
We will get back to everyone who applied during the week of  January 9,
2023.

Many thanks to Digital Science <https://www.digital-science.com/> for
making the 2023 scholarship program possible through their generous support!

NISO 3600 Clipper Mill Road, Suite 302 Baltimore, MD 21211
Phone: 301.654.2512
E-mail: nisohq at niso.org