[Eril-l] Job opportunity - Electronic Resources Librarian
Goddard, Matthew [LIB]
mgoddard at iastate.edu
Tue Aug 30 08:38:58 PDT 2022
Hi all -
I'm excited to share this opportunity with everyone here. Please share with any qualified candidates, and feel free to reach out to me with any questions.
Link to posting: https://isu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/IowaStateJobs/job/Ames-IA/Electronic-Resources-Librarian_R9544
Closing date is September 25, 2022.
Electronic Resources Librarian
Professional & Scientific
Required Minimum Qualifications:
* Master's degree in library science from an ALA-accredited program or equivalent.
* Experience troubleshooting and resolving technical issues.
* Knowledge of or proficiency with managing e-resources using an e-resources management system such as Ex Libris's Alma.
* Practical knowledge of the legal context of e-resources license agreements.
* Interest in developing and documenting procedures for the efficient management of e-resources.
* Demonstrated commitment to the value of diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
The Iowa State University Library is seeking applications for a dynamic and service-oriented professional to serve as Electronic Resources Librarian within the Access and Acquisitions Department.
Working closely with the Department Head and collaborating with staff across the Library, this position will
* Manage the life cycle of the Library's electronic resources, including online journals, e-books, databases and streaming media.
* Serve as the primary point of contact with publishers and vendors for access and usability issues, and maintains comprehensive and accurate e-resources records in the Library's management system, Alma.
* Coordinate the management of the Library's e-resources usage data and assists in the review and management of licensing agreements.
* Contribute to the Library's increasing support of open access models for scholarly communication.
The successful candidate will bring a user-centered perspective to ensure the consistent discoverability and accessibility of the Library's large collection of licensed and open e-resources.
What We Are Looking For
ISU library values and benefits from diversity, equity, and inclusion and incorporates these values in our work; as such, the successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, social justice, public service, and the land-grant mission. Information on our recent initiatives and environment are available. We seek candidates who will broaden our lived experiences and perspectives and support our patrons and staff of all identities and backgrounds.
The successful candidate will be expected to function in a rapidly changing, team-based environment which will require the use of organizational, problem-solving, and time management skills, and the ability to interact and communicate effectively with library staff and the university community. These skills will aid the candidate in formulating and implementing innovative approaches and solutions to problems and communicating complex ideas to a wide range of audiences.
Service to the University and the profession and/or research and publication are expected for academic librarians to continue advancement and to seek promotion after achieving three or more years of successful performance in the current rank. The library is committed to supporting academic librarians, especially those new to the profession, through mentoring, training, and professional development opportunities to foster success and growth in their work.
ISU Library is a member of the ACRL Diversity Alliance and is committed to creating and sustaining a safe, healthy, and inclusive environment where all individuals can succeed and thrive. All library staff report their DEI efforts on annual evaluations. ISU students, staff, and faculty strive to overcome historical and divisive biases in our society. Library staff must embrace an environment of inclusion that moves beyond simple tolerance to recognizing the richness in individual identities of people, and diverse perspectives.
Iowa State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against. Inquiries can be directed to the Office of Equal Opportunity, 3410 Beardshear Hall, 515 Morrill Road, 515 294-7612, email eooffice at iastate.edu<mailto:eooffice at iastate.edu>.
Access and Acquisitions Head
Iowa State University
204 Parks Library | Ames, IA 50011
mgoddard at iastate.edu<mailto:mgoddard at iastate.edu>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Eril-l