[Eril-l] Fight Library Censorship

Casey Hoeve libhoeve at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 16:43:09 PDT 2022

Fund Patmos Library in Jamestown, MI for 2023

Hello from a Jamestown, Michigan resident. Leading up to a local election
on August 2nd, 2022, there was a small, but well-coordinated and vocal
movement in Jamestown to defund our library. This group stoked outrage due
to the presence of some books about the LGBT+ community.

The Patmos Library in Jamestown is a core part of the community fabric. I
firmly believe most residents here don't share these views and desire to
continue funding our local library. Funds raised here will be donated to
the Patmos Library so that we can keep it open long enough to consolidate
community support for our library millage.

Read more about the Patmos Library millage vote here:
<https://www.hollandsentinel.com/story/news/politics/elections/county/2022/08/04/national-attention-jamestown-township-library-millage-fails-over-lgbtq-books/10243485002>

<https://www.metrotimes.com/news/conservative-michigan-town-defunds-library-over-lgbtq-book-30736450>
https://www.metrotimes.com/news/conservative-michigan-town-defunds-library-over-lgbtq-book-30736450

<https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-government/upset-over-lgbtq-books-michigan-town-defunds-its-library-tax-vote>
https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-government/upset-over-lgbtq-books-michigan-town-defunds-its-library-tax-vote
--

Casey D. Hoeve

"*it's almost impossible to read a fine thing without wanting to do a fine
thing*."

-John Steinbeck, The Pastures of Heaven

"*There is no other occupation upon earth that is so appropriate to every
time and every age and every place. Reading stimulates the young and
diverts the old, increases one's satisfaction when things are going well,
and when they are going badly provides refuge and solace. It is a delight
in the home; it can be fitted in with public life; throughout the night, on
journeys, in the country, it is the companion that never lets me down.*"

 -Cicero