[Eril-l] What is your experience with Inventory?

Christina Torbert ctorbert at olemiss.edu
Wed Sep 15 14:38:30 PDT 2021

A question has arisen in our library about what department should have the responsibility for inventory processes. By inventory processes, I refer to the actions related to physically scanning books in order to compare to the online catalog as an ongoing project. Follow up on missing materials or materials without barcodes would be handled by Stacks Maintenance and Cataloging respectively.

If your library regularly has projects like this one, or has completed an inventory in the past, which department took responsibility for overseeing the shelf scanning processes?

Thank you for your shared experiences.

Christina Torbert
Head of Continuing Resources and Acquisitions
Liaison for Philosophy and Religion
Associate Professor​
J.D. Williams Library
University of Mississippi​