[Eril-l] University of North Texas Libraries is hiring for the Head of the Selection & Acquisitions Unit!

Crawford, Laurel Laurel.Crawford at unt.edu
Mon Oct 4 13:41:44 PDT 2021

Want to work in a collaborative environment, helping to set the direction for collection development of traditional and emerging materials?

The University of North Texas is seeking a Head of the Selection & Acquisitions Unit<https://jobs.untsystem.edu/postings/50352> to help coordinate evaluation, negotiation, and acquisition of resources. You'll be joining a pioneering team committed to building a representative and accessible collection.

We are looking for someone who:

  *   Can creatively solve complex problems.
  *   Likes to learn new things.
  *   Has skills managing diverse people doing detailed activities.
  *   Can apply principles of accessibility, privacy, diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We'll need you to:

  *   Have an ALA-accredited MLS/MLIS degree (or equivalent).
  *   Have at least 4 years' experience in collection development and electronic resources.
  *   Have managed people for at least 2 years.
  *   Be familiar with the library acquisition landscape, including current issues and emerging methods.

*         Have participated in scholarly activities and professional service.

*         Demonstrate a commitment to diversity, inclusion, equity, privacy, and accessibility.

*         For a full list of requirements, please see the full job posting<https://jobs.untsystem.edu/postings/50352>.

The starting salary range for this position is $51,579 - $57,579. Flexible work arrangements<https://hr.untsystem.edu/flexible-work-arrangement>, including hybrid and remote work, are available. UNT offers a full suite of attractive benefits, including tuition benefits<https://hr.untsystem.edu/tuition-benefits>; please see https://hr.untsystem.edu/benefits for more information.

The University of North Texas Library is the most-used service on campus. We are innovative, forward-thinking, and support professional involvement. The HSI and MSI Tier 1 university we represent is one of the most diverse in the nation. And it's centered in a racially, ethnically, religiously, and culturally rich metroplex. We are big and bold | All About UNT<https://allabout.unt.edu/big-and-bold#:~:text=Diverse,and%205%2C700%20African%20American%20students.>

Curious? We will be hosting an informational webinar about this position, including a Q&A, on October 15, 2022 at 12:00 - 1:00 PM CST.  During the webinar, we will share more information about UNT, the library, and the Head of the Selection & Acquisitions Unit position. Participation will be anonymous, with the attendee names seen by panelists and questions may be submitted anonymously also. Please join us to learn more about the position and ask your questions!

Link to join Webinar:  https://unt.zoom.us/j/89361504533

Laurel Sammonds Crawford, MLIS
Head of Collection Development, University of North Texas Libraries
Instructor, Technical Services in Libraries & Information Centers (INFO 5390)

laurel.crawford at unt.edu<mailto:laurel.crawford at unt.edu>

[UNT Library Logo image]

Pronouns<https://ied.unt.edu/pronouns>: she, her, and hers