[Eril-l] Press release: EDP Sciences convenes its Scientific Advisory Committee

Maria Campbell maria.campbell at edpsciences.org
Tue Nov 9 09:51:20 PST 2021

*With apologies for cross-posting*

Dear colleagues,

Please see some news below about the EDP Sciences Scientific Advisory Committee we would like to share with you.

The full press release is available here: https://bit.ly/3bUWTVp An excerpt is included below.

For any questions or comments, please contact Charlotte Van Rooyen, Director of Marketing and Communications, EDP Sciences: charlotte.vanrooyen at edpsciences.org<mailto:charlotte.vanrooyen at edpsciences.org>

Thank you for your attention.

Maria Campbell
Marketing and Communications Manager

*****

EDP Sciences convenes its Scientific Advisory Committee underlining its commitment to the scientific community and ethical publishing

Paris, France, 9 November 2021: When EDP Sciences became a part of<https://www.edpsciences.org/en/news-highlights/1964-edp-sciences-joins-forces-with-chinese-academy-of-sciences-and-its-publisher-science-press-ltd> China Science Publishing & Media Ltd. (CSPM) in November 2019, it was agreed that close links would be maintained between EDP Sciences and its former shareholders, Société Française de Physique (SFP), Société Chimique de France (SCF), Société Française d’Optique (SFO) and Société de Mathématiques Appliquées et Industrielles (SMAI). A Scientific Advisory Committee was therefore proposed. We are pleased to announce that the EDP Sciences Scientific Advisory Committee<https://www.edpsciences.org/en/scientific-advisory-committee> has now been established thereby formalising the links with EDP Sciences’ former society co-owners.

From the start, CSPM was very committed to establishing the Scientific Advisory Committee and is pleased that EDP Sciences’ former society shareholders continue to be involved through the Committee. “When we decided to expand our international operations through EDP Sciences, we recognised that protecting the long-term interests of EDP Sciences and enhancing its future development would be in everyone’s interests,” observed Mr. Lin Peng, President, CSPM. “We are honoured that the SFP, SFC, SFO and SMAI continue to support EDP Sciences and take an active role in its development.”

The Scientific Advisory Committee is responsible for advising EDP Sciences on strategic matters and ensuring a permanent, formal link between the publisher and the scientific community. The Committee provides editorial advice to ensure that EDP Sciences’ high publishing standards are maintained. It also ensures that the governance of EDP Sciences continues to be based on the values of learned societies.

“Both EDP Sciences and China Science Publishing & Media Ltd. attach the highest importance to the ethics and quality of their publications,” commented Agnès Henri, Managing Director, EDP Sciences. “We believe the Scientific Advisory Committee has an important role to play in our future development and are grateful to the members who have agreed to take part.”