[Eril-l] Cost per use from COUNTER 5 Ebook reports

Harper, Cynthia charper at vts.edu
Mon Nov 8 12:07:27 PST 2021

Hello - I am just realizing I may not be computing the unique titles used/requested for an ebook resource properly.

In the past, I have taken the number of titles mentioned in a TR report as the unique ebooks - what we would have had to purchase as firmorders if we wanted to replace the use we got from the subscription.

At first, I thought that that's what Unique_Item_Requests represented when I started using COUNTER 5 Report Tool. Now that I read the definition, I'm not so sure.  I haven't gone back in and compared the number of titles in my TR report to the Uniquet_Item_Requests in my PR reports, but I suspect they're not the same. And if I had used Unique_Title_Requests, would that have been better? Can anyone shed light on this please?

EBOOK USAGE AND COST PER USE

Jan-Oct.
10-month price
Jan-Oct.

platform
data_type
metric_type
year
reporting_period_total
subscr price
Firmorder cost 2021
Cost per Use
BloomsburyCollections
Book
Unique_Item_Requests
2021
92

$ 95.00
$ 33.19
Brill
Book
Unique_Item_Requests
2021
1

$ -
Cambridge Core
Book
Unique_Item_Requests
2021
146

$ 9.18
De Gruyter Platform
Book
Unique_Item_Requests
2021
6

$ -
EBSCOhost
Book
Unique_Item_Requests
2021
5230

$ 1,307.81
$ 1.10
Grove Music Online
Book
Unique_Item_Requests
2021
9

$ 190.56
JSTOR
Book
Unique_Item_Requests
2021
47

$ -
Manchester University Press
Book
Unique_Item_Requests
2021
6

$ -
Oxford African American Studies Center
Book
Unique_Item_Requests
2021
11

$ 85.91
Oxford Biblical Studies Online
Book
Unique_Item_Requests
2021
274

$ 6.28
Oxford Bibliographies
Book
Unique_Item_Requests
2021
33

$ 10.83
Oxford Dictionary of National Biography
Book
Unique_Item_Requests
2021
34

$ 45.64
Oxford English Dictionary
Book
Unique_Item_Requests
2021
735

$ 0.54
Oxford Handbooks Online
Book
Unique_Item_Requests
2021
178

$ 8.82
Oxford Reference
Book
Unique_Item_Requests
2021
1

$ -
Oxford Research Encyclopedias
Book
Unique_Item_Requests
2021
6

$ -
Oxford Scholarship Online
Book
Unique_Item_Requests
2021
11

$ -
ProQuest
Book
Unique_Item_Requests
2021
3

$ -
ProQuest Ebook Central
Book
Unique_Item_Requests
2021
3036

$ 2,831.94
$ 3.41
Project MUSE
Book
Unique_Item_Requests
2021
1218

486.25
$ 1.77
Wiley Online Library
Book
Unique_Item_Requests
2021
2

$ -

Cindy Harper
Electronic Services and Periodicals Librarian
Virginia Theological Seminary, Box 159
3737 Seminary Road
Alexandria, VA 22304
charper at vts.edu<mailto:charper at vts.edu>