[Eril-l] Power, Resistance, and Leadership Participant-Driven and People’s Choice Sessions

Brumagen, Regan BrumagenER at cmog.org
Mon May 10 13:42:49 PDT 2021

DO NOT USE YOUR EMAIL REPLY FUNCTION TO RESPOND TO THIS ANNOUNCEMENT.MAKE SURE ANY MESSAGE COMES TO rbmsconferencemarketing at gmail.com<mailto:rbmsconferencemarketing at gmail.com>, AND IS NOT SENT TO THE ENTIRE LIST.

Excuse cross-postings.

Greetings!

Almost 350 of you have already registered for the RBMS 2021 Virtual Conference<https://rbms2021.us2.pathable.com/>, Power, Resistance and Leadership, June 8 – 10, 2021 (#rbms21)! We are delighted to see all this early enthusiasm for the event and look forward to more people joining us.

We have an exciting schedule in place, including participant-driven sessions on amplifying students and decentering archivists, power dynamics in the reading room, a renovation support group, and more. We’re also featuring People’s Choice sessions voted on by our community - learn about our favorite mistakes, making the invisible visible, and the meaning of “Happily Rarer After”.

Join us to critically examine the existing power structures that have shaped and continue to impact special collections and archives. Register by May 28th for the best rates!

The RBMS 2021 Conference is 100% virtual this year. We’re excited about no travel costs, a smaller carbon footprint, and increased access to the program. The virtual environment will have endless opportunities for engagement with fellow attendees and will allow registrants to access all content for an entire year after the conference. Registration questions can be directed to Conference Manager, Tory Ondrla<mailto:tondrla at ala.org>.

We hope to see you online next month!

Liz Call and Robin M. Katz

2021 RBMS Conference Program Planning Committee co-chairs