[Eril-l] Retiring - thank you, and what documentation should I leave?

Diane Westerfield dwesterfield at coloradocollege.edu
Tue Jun 1 08:31:17 PDT 2021

Hi all,

I'm retiring with my last day being June 30. Thank you all to everyone who has answered questions and given good advice, this listserv has been immensely helpful.

I won't have a chance to train the next person in this position. I started in 2008 when electronic resources hadn't been handled by one person and there weren't so many e-resources to begin with. There was a steep learning curve for me: I had to pore over various things to get them set up properly in different systems, dig into old paperwork and order records to figure things out, and cobbled together new workflows. For those of you who stepped into an already established Electronic Resources Librarian position, what documentation do you wish had been left for you?

I'm furiously writing up documentation, but I know there are things I won't think of until months later, or at all.

Thanks,

Diane Westerfield, Electronic Resources & Serials Librarian
Colorado College, Tutt Library
diane.westerfield at coloradocollege.edu<mailto:diane.westerfield at coloradocollege.edu>
(719) 389-6661