[Eril-l] Virtual Workshop Invite: "An Antiracist Framework for Scholarly Communications"

Drew Balduff balduff at findlay.edu
Tue Jun 1 06:44:57 PDT 2021

"An Antiracist Framework for Scholarly Communications" Virtual Workshop
Sponsored by: Academic Library Association of Ohio and the Michigan Academic Library Association

ALAO's Scholarly Communications Interest Group and STEM Interest Group have teamed up with the Michigan Academic Library Association (MiALA) to sponsor a virtual workshop titled "An Antiracist Framework for Scholarly Communications." This workshop will be led by Niccole Coggins, Journal Production Coordinator at the American Psychological Association, along with Jocelyn Dawson, who serves as the Journals Marketing Manager at Duke University Press. Space is limited, so please make you register if you're interested.

[cid:image001.png at 01D756CA.C75025A0]

Description: Efforts to advance inclusivity in scholarly communications have gained momentum, yet there is still a lack of effective programs and solutions in place to address how systemic racism impacts our workplaces. First, we must recognize that there is a problem and identify the structures particular to our industry that maintain systems of white advantage. With that knowledge, we can work to disrupt racism (and other isms) and create work communities where everyone thrives. Attendees will develop familiarity with bystander intervention strategies for the workplace.

When: June 3, 2021 at 12:00 pm EST

Where: Zoom

Registration:

*         ALAO Member (free; login required)

*         MiALA Member (free; registration code required)

*         Individual Nonmember - $10.00

*         Group - $25.00

Link to Register: https://www.alaoweb.org/event-4247056

Questions? Please email me or Heather Crozier, fellow Schol Comm IG co-chair, at h-crozier at onu.edu<mailto:h-crozier at onu.edu>.

Drew Balduff
Electronic Resources Librarian
College Librarian for Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences
The University of Findlay
Shafer Library 127 | Findlay, OH 45840
(419) 434-5880 Office
balduff at findlay.edu<mailto:balduff at findlay.edu>