[Eril-l] EDP Sciences author name change policy

Maria Campbell maria.campbell at edpsciences.org
Wed Jul 28 01:52:35 PDT 2021

*With apologies for cross-posting*

Dear colleagues,

EDP Sciences introduces author name change policy to support more inclusive publishing

EDP Sciences is committed to supporting and respecting the rights and identities of all authors in accordance with the principles<https://publicationethics.org/news/update-cope-guidance-regarding-author-name-changes> informing the Committee on Publication Ethics’ (COPE) working group. EDP Sciences has therefore introduced an author name change policy<https://www.edpsciences.org/en/authors/for-journal-authors#anchor_EDP-Sciences-author-name-change-policy> offering two routes to changing an author name on published papers in order to support anonymity for authors with a need for privacy.

EDP Sciences authors can now change their name on their article(s) without the need for a publication correction; we will not notify co-authors, and make no requirement for proof or supporting documentation. It is, of course, the authors choice if they do or do not require a formal correction. For those authors without the need for anonymity, after agreement with the author, we will contact the co-authors to inform them of the change and, when the author’s name is changed, a correction note will be published.

We are extremely grateful to, and would like to thank, all those who have supported and advised our new policy.

For more information, contact Charlotte Van Rooyen<mailto:charlotte.vanrooyen at edpsciences.org>, Director of Marketing and Communications.

Thank you for your attention.

Maria Campbell
Marketing and Communications Manager