[Eril-l] open access resources through EBSCO

Alice Pearman alcts.alice at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 07:42:38 PST 2021

Greetings,

A year or two ago I took on managing our library's electronic resources,
and I stumbled across a question that did not have an obvious answer to me.
We are 'subscribing' to a few resources that are open access. When I asked
our customer service rep with EBSCO about these, she said "The $15.00 is a
fee EBSCO charges to keep open access titles on your invoice. You can
choose not to have this option if it is not important to you."

My question: Is there a reason why I would want to keep open access titles
on our invoice?

--
Alice Pearman
Lamson Library