[Eril-l] Local school requests for remote access

Diane Westerfield dwesterfield at coloradocollege.edu
Mon Jan 4 10:56:11 PST 2021

Hi,

We are open to the public (in normal non-pandemic times) and in the past have had junior/middle and high school students, classes, and groups using our resources on-site, and checking out limited numbers of books. We are currently closed to the public, and we have a request from a teacher to allow their high school students to use our e-resources remotely. Now obviously our licensing is against this, and our guest wifi is set up to exclude e-resource access so they can’t pull up to the parking lot and get into our stuff.

I wonder if anyone has run into this, and have you found any vendors willing to do something temporary for K-12 students? I know that JSTOR has some limited article usage, and there are some resources available through the local public library as well as their own school libraries, but are there other options?

Thanks,

Diane Westerfield, Electronic Resources & Serials Librarian
Colorado College, Tutt Library
diane.westerfield at coloradocollege.edu<mailto:diane.westerfield at coloradocollege.edu>
(719) 389-6661