[Eril-l] NISO Plus 21 Early Bird Registration Closes January 8!

NISO Announce niso-announce at niso.org
Mon Jan 4 08:52:58 PST 2021

**Apologies for cross posting**

Welcome to 2021! We know this is the first week back at work for many
people, so apologies for adding to your inbox, but we wanted to remind you
to register for NISO Plus 2021
<https://niso.plus/register-for-niso-plus-2021/> this week — before our
early bird registration ends on January 8!

NISO Plus 2021 is designed to give information professionals access to some
of the leaders in our community, through a mix of presentations followed by
conversation and discussion, on a wide-ranging selection of topics that
have been carefully curated by our wonderful global Planning Committee
<https://niso.plus/niso-plus-planning-committee/>. Each session includes
designated time to discuss the problems and solutions facing our
ever-more-complex information ecosystem, not just with the speakers, but
also with information colleagues from around the world — making NISO Plus a
conference distinct from any other you’ve attended!

Close to 200 information professionals from all over the world have already
registered for this year’s fully virtual conference, which will take place
from February 22-25. To ensure everyone can attend, wherever you are
located, the program will span two time slots: from 10.00am - 2.00pm EST,
US/Canada/3.00pm - 7.00pm UTC, primarily for attendees in Americas, Europe,
Middle East, Africa; and then again from 8.00pm - 10.30pm EST,
US/Canada/1.00am - 3.30am UTC, primarily for attendees in Asia Pacific.
And, thanks to our generous sponsors <https://niso.plus/sponsors/>, we’ve
been able to keep the registration fees low, to enable the fullest possible
participation. Early bird rates are just US$75 per person for NISO members
(or as low as US$35 for groups of 10), and US$115 per person for
non-members (US$52.50 for groups of 10). There are also special rates for
students, early career/unemployed information professionals, and those from
lower GDP countries.

The draft program <https://niso.plus/program/> is now available and we
think we’ve included something for everyone! So, sign up now to learn from
and engage with your fellow information professionals, and to be inspired
by global experts including our keynote speakers — Cory Doctorow
<https://niso.plus/cory-doctorow-to-keynote-at-niso-plus-2021/>; Margaret
Sraku-Lartey
<https://niso.plus/margaret-sraku-lartey-confirmed-as-second-niso-plus-2021-keynote/>,
Zeynep Tufekci
<https://niso.plus/zeynep-tufekci-announced-as-closing-keynote-for-niso-plus-2021/>
 — and Heather Joseph
<https://niso.plus/heather-joseph-named-as-nisos-2021-miles-conrad-awardee/>
, winner of the 2021 Miles Conrad Award <https://www.niso.org/node/25942>,
who will deliver the annual Miles Conrad Lecture during the conference. And
join the conversation about the challenges and opportunities for the
information community today and tomorrow — what are they, how can we tackle
them, and who needs to be involved?

NISO Plus 2021 is shaping up to be the information community conference of
the year, so please take a couple of minutes to check NISO Plus registration
<https://niso.plus/register-for-niso-plus-2021/> off your to-do list now —
at the early bird discount rate!

We hope to see you there and, in the meantime, happy new year from all of
us!

The NISO Team

NISO
3600 Clipper Mill Road, Suite 302