[Eril-l] R&P Offers

Elise Y Wong yw3 at stmarys-ca.edu
Mon Feb 1 08:15:38 PST 2021

Julie,
Our institution just signed on for the Cambridge R&P. According to my
colleague, our subscription cost wouldn't increase.
~Elise

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2021 21:40:49 +0000
From: "Loder, Julie L" <julie.loder at Vanderbilt.Edu>
To: "eril-l at lists.eril-l.org" <eril-l at lists.eril-l.org>
Subject: [Eril-l] R&P Offers
BN6PR08MB34443987F0A976786E082DDE98B99 at BN6PR08MB3444.namprd08.prod.outlook.com

Hello all,

I am sure that most your institutions received Read & Publisher offers from
some publishers this fall. Of course they vary, but I am finding that the
theme is to simply increase our current subscription cost by the average
institutional APC revenue they were receiving over the past X years.  In
our case and I suspect in many others, the library was not paying the APC
cost so the offer would substantially increase the cost of the package.
Focusing only on budget for the moment and not the value of OA, how are you
navigating this at your institution? Has your University provided more
funds to help with this? Are you passing on these offers?

Thanks

Julie

[Vanderbilt]<https://www.vanderbilt.edu/>

Julie Loder
Director, Acquisitions & Eresources
Vanderbilt Libraries | Vanderbilt University
615-343-5879 | julie.loder at vanderbilt.edu<mailto:julie.loder at vanderbilt.edu>
| https://www.library.vanderbilt.edu<https://www.library.vanderbilt.edu/>

110 21st Avenue South, Suite 700 Baker Bldg
Nashville, TN 37203

Pronouns: she/her/hers