[Eril-l] Communicating with the user community when cancelling electronic resource subscriptions

Robert Wolf wolfrd at fdu.edu
Fri Dec 17 11:25:32 PST 2021

Hello,

We've been trying to develop a protocol for alerting our user community when the library is cancelling or discontinuing a database or e-resources subscription. We currently send notification via our faculty listserv, but it seems they're always surprised when a resource is no longer available. I was wonder what, if any steps, other libraries take to alert their communities, and have they been effective?
Please feel free to respond to me off list.

Thank you,

Rob

Robert Wolf
Associate University Librarian for Technical Services
Monninger Center for Learning and Research
Fairleigh Dickinson University
285 Madison Avenue, Mail Stop M-LA0-03
Madison, N.J. 07940
[cid:image001.gif at 01D7F351.F251D9F0] 973-443-8523 | [cid:image002.gif at 01D7F351.F251D9F0]  973-443-8525
[Image result for fairleigh dickinson university]<http://www.fdu.edu/>