[Eril-l] Deadline Extended - NASIG 2022 - Call for Proposals
sdennis at library.tamu.edu
Fri Dec 10 09:36:09 PST 2021
DEADLINE EXTENDED!! - Submission deadline is now January 14, 2022!!
NASIG is soliciting proposals for its 37th Annual Conference, to be held June 5 to June 9, 2022, in Baltimore, MD and online. We are currently seeking in-person presentations. The NASIG Conference presenters and attendees will be expected to follow hotel Covid safety protocols. All presenters will create a pre-recorded presentation before the conference and present in-person during the conference.
NASIG seeks proposals for one-hour hybrid conference sessions on topics related to scholarly communication and publishing, ethical issues in technical services, and the acquisition, management, and discovery of library collections. Sessions related to accessibility, privacy, open access, and UX are encouraged. We particularly welcome proposals related to the areas defined in NASIG’s Core Competencies<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://nasig.org/Core-Competencies__;!!KwNVnqRv!WBpOvqsUaCm34pZKXTkw-Q9eJAaJlq49s60j7XpL5RDBiqCxHIcnk22os2MnQrEFnmbI$>, including:
* Electronic resource life cycle and management
* Collection analysis, assessment, and development
* Licensing and legal framework of library content
* Ethical Issues in technical services
* Standards and systems of cataloging and classification, metadata, linked data, and indexing
* Standards, initiatives, and best practices for library content
* Scholarly communication, including copyright, data management, and assessment and impact metrics
* Institutional repositories, publishing, digital preservation, open educational resources, and open access
* Life cycle and workflow of print continuing resources
* Relationship building between libraries, vendors, publishers, standards bodies, and others involved in the information community
* Supervision and management of staff working in areas relevant to NASIG
* Management of projects related to electronic and/or print resources or scholarly communication
* Initiatives and best practices in areas included in the core competencies and awareness of trends and ongoing developments in those areas
* Diversity, equity, and inclusion in relation to libraries
Each session should include approximately 30-45 minutes of content, with remaining time for discussion.
Co-presenters are welcomed, but we ask that you limit submissions to no more than three presenters. Presenters may be asked to combine sessions with other presenters on similar topics.
All presenters will be asked to publish a conference report in the NASIG Proceedings. Additional information for speakers can be found on the NASIG speaker resources page<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://nasig.org/Speaker-Resources__;!!KwNVnqRv!WBpOvqsUaCm34pZKXTkw-Q9eJAaJlq49s60j7XpL5RDBiqCxHIcnk22os2MnQqZ748YG$>.
Proposals are selected by the Program Planning Committee based on their relevance to NASIG member interests. Accepted presenters will be offered a $100 discount on the cost of Early Bird in-person registration for the conference.
Please submit all proposals using the online form at https://proposalspace.com/calls/d/1377<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://proposalspace.com/calls/d/1377__;!!KwNVnqRv!WBpOvqsUaCm34pZKXTkw-Q9eJAaJlq49s60j7XpL5RDBiqCxHIcnk22os2MnQnKJTo1U$> . The submission deadline has been extended to January 14, 2022!
Calls for Student Spotlights and Great Ideas poster sessions will be forthcoming. No discount applies to these presenters.
If you have any questions, please contact the Program Planning Committee (PPC) Co-Chairs, Heidi Card and Sarah Dennis, at prog-plan at nasig.org.
NASIG is an independent organization working to advance and transform the management of information resources. Our ultimate goal is to facilitate and improve the distribution, acquisition, and long-term accessibility of information resources in all formats and business models. Visit http://www.nasig.org/<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.nasig.org/__;!!KwNVnqRv!WBpOvqsUaCm34pZKXTkw-Q9eJAaJlq49s60j7XpL5RDBiqCxHIcnk22os2MnQi-KePEN$> for more information.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Eril-l