[Eril-l] Archiving an Outlook email box to Thunderbird

Harper, Cynthia charper at vts.edu
Tue Dec 7 08:11:01 PST 2021

Hello all -  Have you ever archived an Outlook email box to Thunderbird?

I am retiring in 2 weeks, and the last bit of documentation I've got to make available to my library is an archive of my email box.  My mailbox is the definitive source for knowing all the correspondence between the vendors, etc., but it is huge and cluttered with junk which I've tried to clean up, but you know...

I've got a portable hard drive with Thunderbird Portable on it, and I've imported my mailbox so far, but it doesn't grab the attachments by default.  I've read about a plugin called Attchment Extractor. But I don't have any faith that it's going to work at the scale I need.  Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks,

Cindy Harper
Soon to retire from:
Electronic Services and Periodicals Librarian
Virginia Theological Seminary, Box 159
3737 Seminary Road
Alexandria, VA 22304
bpleservices at vts.edu<mailto:bpleservices at vts.edu>