[Eril-l] Job Posting - Duke University, Acquisitions/Serials Librarian - Ford Library

Bethany Koestner Costello bethany.koestner at duke.edu
Thu Dec 2 10:02:09 PST 2021

Dear Colleagues,

This message is to let you know that Ford Library at Duke University's Fuqua School of Business is recruiting for an Acquisitions/Serials Librarian vacancy on our team of highly dedicated and motivated staff.  Below is a brief overview of the position along with a link to a more complete description and instructions on how to apply.

Overview

The Acquisitions/Serials Librarian manages all aspects of the acquisition of library materials for the Ford Library, including a diverse range of materials (monographs, journals, media, audio, microforms) in all formats, including print and online, to support faculty research, classroom instruction and career development at the Fuqua School of Business and to support Ford Library collections and operations.

The Acquisitions/Serials Librarian also manages all aspects of serial publications in all formats, print and online, including gathering and analyzing e-journal usage metrics for decision making. The Acquisitions/Serials Librarian communicates and negotiates with vendors, other librarians at Duke and the TRLN consortium, with library users and staff. In addition, the Acquisitions/Serials Librarian manages departmental procurement card spending for travel and other incidentals for the Ford Library. The Acquisitions/Serials Librarian reports to the Resource Access Librarian.

To learn more about the position, and how to apply, visit: https://library.fuqua.duke.edu/about/acquisitions-serials.htm

About Ford Library

The Ford Library at the Fuqua School of Business houses the principal business collection of Duke University. We serve the Fuqua School of Business and Duke University communities - students, faculty, and staff.  Ford Library is an independently administered, but highly collaborative member of the community of libraries at Duke including the Law, Medical, and Divinity Libraries. The Ford Library contains over 21,000 print volumes and journals, and provides access to over 75 business and financial research databases and data sets. Ford Library users also have access through our site to Duke University Libraries entire collection of print and online resources. To learn more about us, and our resources and services, please visit our primary web site at http://library.fuqua.duke.edu.

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D5D290.669D5C10]

Bethany Koestner Costello
Resource Access Librarian, Ford Library
Duke University's Fuqua School of Business
100 Fuqua Drive, Box 90120, Durham, NC 27708-0120
bethany.costello at duke.edu<mailto:bethany.costello at duke.edu>